Writing For Children Workshop
Zanni has run engaging writing courses for adults for a number of years at writers centres and festivals, including Byron Writers Festival and Queensland Writers Centre. She also teaches Writing Picture Books for the Australian Writers’ Centre.
In a nurturing and supportive workshop environment, Zanni helps writers generate and harness ideas, develop compelling stories and characters, and make writing a meaningful and practical part of every day life. She also introduces aspiring authors to the submission process.
Course outcomes include:
- Increased confidence in writing ability
- Practice writing narrative and dialogue that appeals to children
- Generating new story ideas
- Knowledge about story and character development
- Sophisticated editing tips and writing tips
- Feedback on writing style and story
- Knowledge about the children’s book industry
- Knowledge about the submission process
- Practical tips for integrating writing into every day life